Steckler Wayne Cherry & Love are representing patients who suffered from compromised IV bags
The expert team at Steckler Wayne Cherry & Love are monitoring and representing clients related to the recent news that Baylor Scott & White Surgicare North Dallas being contacted by Federal officials in regards to IV bag concerns.
“My client is cooperating with all law enforcement agencies. In addition, we are investigating the practices and procedures at the Baylor Scott and White Surgery Center which led to my client likely receiving a tainted or compromised of IV fluid. It’s extremely concerning that controlled substances were able to get into IV bags causing patients to go into cardiac arrest,” stated attorney Bruce Steckler. “Naturally, this raises concerns regarding the safety and storage of the bags as well as the medication onsite at the surgery center. We are also concerned about the number of patients impacted by this incident and want to ensure that this does not happen again.”
Steckler Wayne Cherry & Love is currently representing individuals that are suspected to have received compromised IV bags during surgeries from May to August at Baylor Scott & White Surgery Centers in north Dallas. All these individuals were healthy adults that underwent routine day surgeries and suffered severe respiratory distress, requiring emergency care. Many of the patients had to be intubated, put on a ventilator, and transferred to nearby hospitals ICUs.
“It’s our hope that Baylor Scott & White is conducting a serious evaluation of what occurred to ensure that this never happens again. Patients are most vulnerable during surgeries and want to be assured that patient safety is a priority,” Steckler stated.
Mr. Steckler has been out front on this issue as the media has began reporting on it. Bruce has appeared in numerous outlets addressing these concerns. Read more about that status of the investigation and Bruce’s related comments:
- The Dallas Morning News: “Feds make inquiries after Dallas patient has medical emergency at local surgery center”
- CBS Dallas: “Investigation underway into ‘compromised’ IV bag at Dallas surgery center”
- KHOU 11: “Texas surgical center stops operations after ‘compromised’ IV bag found”
- WFAA 8: “Dallas surgical center stops operations after ‘compromised’ IV bag found”
- Yahoo News: “Investigation underway into ‘compromised’ IV bag at Dallas surgery center”
- ASC Review: “Dallas ASC temporarily closes after medical emergency with ‘compromised’ IV bag”
- KDFW-Fox 4: “Surgeries stopped at North Dallas medical center after IV bag is possibly tampered with”
- CBS DFW: “I-Team: Patients react to possibly ‘compromised’ IV bag in North Texas hospital”
- DailyMail.com: Cops open probe after Dallas anesthesiologist, 55, is killed by ‘compromised IV bag’ she took home to treat her DEHYDRATION, weeks after ‘tainted bag’ almost killed boy, 18, undergoing nose op at same facility
- WFAA 8: “Attorney: More come forward with claims of emergencies during routine procedures after reports of ‘compromised’ IV bag found at Dallas surgical center”
- USA Today: “Texas doctor arrested after tampering with IV bags led to coworker’s death, officials say”
- D Magazine: “Lawyer: Four Clients Sent to the ICU After Routine Operations at BSW Surgicare”
- The Daily Beast: “Texas Doctor Probed in Death of Colleague Via an IV Drip Has Scary Past”
- NBC News – YouTube: “Texas Doctor Arrested For Allegedly Tampering With IV Bags, Leading To Colleague’s Death”
- ABC News – YouTube: “Texas doctor arrested for allegedly contaminating IV bags”
To contact Mr. Steckler for media comment, to inquire about a possible case, or if you have other questions feel free to contact Steckler Wayne Cherry & Love by emailing or calling us at 972-387-4040. We are happy to speak with you.