Craig Cherry has obtained significant settlements and verdicts for his clients during his legal career. The success he has achieved for his clients is due, in no small part, to his ingenuity and relentless tenacity. Craig’s tireless dedication and ability to anticipate his opponent’s next move makes him the ultimate opponent in the courtroom. When it comes to litigation and trial strategy, he is regularly recognized by his peers as being at the top of the list.
Craig Cherry has obtained significant settlements and verdicts for his clients during his legal career. The success he has achieved for his clients as a personal injury lawyer is due, in no small part, to his ingenuity and relentless tenacity. Craig’s tireless dedication and ability to anticipate his opponent’s next move makes him the ultimate opponent in the courtroom. When it comes to litigation and trial strategy, he is regularly recognized by his peers as being at the top of the list.
As a trial lawyer, Craig is triple board certified and focuses his practice on complex civil litigation in multiple areas including business litigation, intellectual property litigation, class action litigation, catastrophic personal injury litigation, and wrongful death litigation. Craig has successfully represented both individuals and businesses throughout the United States and in Europe.
Craig is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. He is also Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Craig’s board certifications are so rare that less than 1% of all lawyers licensed in the State of Texas are triple board certified. Craig has also been appointed by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization to serve as a Member of the Personal Injury Trial Law Exam Commission and the Civil Trial Law Advisory Commission.
Craig has also earned an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, which is the highest possible rating a lawyer can earn for both ethical standards and legal ability. This rating was earned only after Craig was reviewed and recommended by judges Craig has appeared before and fellow lawyers Craig has worked with and against in cases.
As evidence of both his advocacy skills and the superior results achieved for his clients. He was also invited to become a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Craig was also named the Outstanding Young Lawyer by the Waco-McLennan County Bar Association in 2005.
- Lead counsel for a Texas company with manufacturing and marketing operations and subsidiaries in the United States and in Europe. Craig’s client sued a distributor for breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation and trademark infringement, with cases pending simultaneously in France and in federal court in the United States. The case settled favorably for Craig’s client for a confidential sum.
- Co-lead counsel for a Louisiana company that brought breach of contract and fraud claims against one of the largest oil and gas companies in the world. The case involved a complicated supply chain of unique materials from Florida that were used at a refinery in Texas. After two days of evidence before a three-member arbitration panel, the case settled favorably for Craig’s client for a confidential sum.
- Lead counsel for the plaintiff and her parents in a trial against one of the largest trucking companies in the nation. The trucking company argued that its global positioning satellite (GPS) data demonstrated that none of its trucks could have been involved in a wreck that injured the plaintiff and killed her sister. Craig and his co-counsel demonstrated that the company’s GPS data was inaccurate and unreliable. The jury agreed and returned a verdict in favor of Craig’s clients. The case settled favorably for Craig’s clients for a confidential sum.
- Lead counsel for three defendants accused of being involved in a conspiracy to defraud the plaintiffs of several million dollars. After taking the plaintiff’s deposition and developing forensic accounting evidence which defeated plaintiff’s allegations, the case was resolved favorably for Craig’s clients without them ever being deposed.
- Lead counsel and successfully defended one of the largest aerial lift manufacturers in the world in a multi-million dollar commercial case involving allegations of breach of contract and tortious interference with contract.
- Lead counsel for the parents of a minor who suffered a traumatic brain injury. Craig sued multiple defendants involved in the operations of an athletic facility, as well as, the design of the facility. After Craig was hired, the case was resolved and Craig doubled the amount of the recovery his clients originally expected to receive after getting prior legal advice from another attorney.
- Lead counsel for a city against multiple defendants involved in the design and construction of a city water well that failed to operate properly. Originally, the defendants refused to pay anything to address the operational issues with the water well. After Craig developed evidence of improper drilling procedures and testing utilized by some of the defendants, the case settled favorably for Craig’s client.
- Lead counsel for a worker who was blinded when a spring broke on equipment he was using and shot into his eye. Multiple defendants were involved in this product liability case and Craig developed evidence that a supplier had been submitting false invoices and selling the manufacturer of the equipment the wrong spring design for over 15 years. The case settled favorably for Craig’s client for a confidential sum.
- Co-lead counsel for the plaintiffs in the first case in the United States where a jury returned a verdict that a motor coach bus was unsafe because it did not have seat belts or safety glass to protect passengers. The case settled favorably for Craig’s clients for a confidential sum.